Our long-standing brand Unique Japan Tours is continuing it’s transition to our new brand identity Oomi Travel, and we are growing the business to deliver travel experiences in new destinations beyond Japan.
As such, we are actively looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join our team!
We are currently seeking job applications for:
- Senior Travel Consultant
- Accounts and Finance Administrator
- Digital Marketing Executive
Oomi Travel is the new face of Unique Japan Tours and Japan Ireland Travel (Japan and Ireland Tour Operating businesses established in 2005). The company was created by Darina Slattery, who grew up in Ireland but calls Japan her second home for these past 25 years.
Darina and her team have planned thousands of bespoke, corporate, and small group tours to Japan and Ireland since 2006. This new chapter plans to develop India and Iceland to begin with, by partnering and hiring destination specific travel consultants. These new characters will be part of Oomi’s journey towards developing a niche portfolio of inaccessible destinations for a global travel audience.
Oomi’s sole purpose is to curate unique, bespoke, one-of-a-kind travel experiences for individuals and groups wanting to learn more than the regular app or city tour will give you. With our vast range of local contacts in each destination, we guarantee you will dive deep into cultures, uncover hidden gems, and craft trips that dreams are made of.
What makes Oomi stand out is our well-established global client base and active audience who seek a five-star personal travel service specific to their needs. Japan may be their first Oomi destination, continuing to Ireland, India and others in the years to follow.
1) Senior Travel Consultants
Bespoke Travel and Tours – [Japan, India, Ireland, Iceland]
“Craft Unforgettable Journeys with Us!”
Location: Dublin 4, Ireland (Initial 3 months with option to work remotely / hybrid after initial 3-months)
Role: Senior Travel Consultants
We have numerous travel consultant roles available for experienced agents who know and love Japan, Ireland, and/or India specifically. If you have worked (or lived) in any of these areas in the past, you should consider applying. Our systems may be different, but the beauty of each destination remains. Full training in-house for 3-months is essential (Dublin) with options to work remotely after you are ready to work alone. No cold calling needed as we are inundated with new enquiries every day. If you enjoy working with people, making memories, and becoming a part of their unique travel journey, then this is the perfect job.
– Engage, communicate, convert. A proven background in travel sales is preferred. You will be expected to manage a large portfolio of potential guests at any time.
– A creative clever approach to designing bespoke trips
– Understanding travel costs and pricing is crucial but full training is provided.
– Offer expert guidance on destinations, including the latest “hidden gems”.
– Facilitate the end-to-end travel planning process, ensuring a seamless experience for our guests.
– Stay updated on travel trends, visa requirements, and local regulations.
– Participate in regular sales and product training.
– Buddy system with fellow travel consultants to share your workloads and leads.
Eligible Candidates should have/be:
- At least 3-years in a business office environment planning travel services for corporates, leisure, or other types
- Expert product knowledge, or have lived and worked in at least one of these top three destinations: ❶ Japan ❷ Ireland ❸ India
- Available for initial 3-month training in our head-quarters in Dublin 4, Ireland from November 2023 or January 2024 (2 enrolments)
- Available to travel on familiarisation trips to your area of expertise, e.g. Japan, Ireland, India at least once a year
- Available for attending global travel shows when requested.
- Be ready and open to learning new operating systems, procedures, policies, and so on, with a minimum 5-year term/goal in mind
- Be open to becoming a self-employed agent (applicable if you are not already resident in Ireland or Japan. More info at interview stage. Flexible packages and working conditions will be available).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills where attention to detail is crucial.
- Knowledge of Japan’s travel scene is a plus, but a thirst to learn is essential.
Ireland Based Candidates Interviews will take place in Dublin 4 office.
All other international interviews will be online with face-to-face meeting required at 2nd stage interview.
Apply with CV and reasons why you might suit this exciting role to firstname.lastname@example.org by SEPTEMBER 30, 2023.
2) Accounts and Finance Administrator
“Join the Backbone of our Luxury Travel Operation!”
Location: Dublin 4, Ireland (remote working not an option)
Role: Accounts and Finance Administrator (Dublin, Ireland based)
– Oversee and manage company accounts and financial transactions.
– Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports for auditor.
– Ensure compliance with local financial and trade related regulators.
– Monitor and process all travel-related expenses and costs with team members.
– Collaborate with senior management to forecast revenue and identify financial trends.
– Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
– Previous experience in an accounts/finance role in Ireland.
– Proficient in Sage Financial Software and Microsoft Excel.
– Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
– Multitasking essential.
Interviews will take place in Dublin 4 office.
Apply to email@example.com by September 28, 2023
3) Digital Marketing Executive
“Share the Beauty of Japan, India, Ireland …. with the World!”
Location: Dublin 4, Ireland
Role: Digital Marketing Executive
– Assist to develop and implement digital marketing strategies to promote each travel experience.
– Help manage our social media platforms, ensuring consistent, high-quality content.
– Develop social media growth tactics to grow our all-social media accounts exponentially.
– Engage with our online community, fostering relationships and managing feedback.
– Analyse and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
– Write blog posts, optimised for SEO.
– Edit WordPress websites as requested.
– Stay updated on the latest digital marketing trends.
– Manage our Online Travel Agency portals. Assign new leads to sales team as required.
– Minimum bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
– Proven experience in digital marketing, Meta for Business essential.
– Proficiency in using digital tools and platforms.
– Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills.
– Creativity and a passion for storytelling.
Interviews will take place in Dublin 4 office.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2023